TB Testing For School Children in California
The 2016 California Immunization statute requires that all children be current on all immunizations prior to attending school including for TB testing.
Information About TB Testing For Children in California
- Santa Clara County offers a Doctors’ waiver for TB testing for students. Download the waiver here: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/chdp/Documents/Letters/chdppin1104.pdf
- California now only does a risk assessment for TB. No more skin test are required unless the person is at high risk. Your doctor just fills out the form and is sufficient.
- Read more here: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/sccphd/en-us/healthproviders/tb/Pages/default.aspx
Testing For Parent Volunteers In Schools
- For those of parent volunteers that are required to get the TB test, look into getting the IGRA TB test also known as the Quantiferon Gold TB test.
- This is a blood draw instead of injecting chemicals under your skin.
- This is a blood test, so you can either get your doctor’s to order this blood test for you.
- If you don’t have a doctor to write a lab order for you, you can go to Quest Diagnostics Lab to get it done. Request this blood test here without a doctor: https://www.accesalabs.com/QuantiFERON-Gold-TB-Blood-Test
- Read more info here about TB testing in Santa Clara County, California https://www.sccgov.org/sites/sccphd/en-us/Residents/TbResources/Documents/TB%20UPLOAD%204-29-14/IGRA%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf