Polio and Homeoprophylaxis (Poliomyelitis Virus)
Lathyrus Sativus For Polio Homeoprophylaxis
- The remedy Lathyrus Sativus is available through the Homeoprophylaxis Program (HP) under supervision by certified Homeopath in HP. Lathyrus Sativus is used as a preventative to build the immune system before exposure to the polio and during any epidemic as a prevention.
What Is Poliomyelitis?
- It is contagious viral infection that can lead to paralysis, breathing problems or even death.
- It may affect the spinal cord causing muscle weakness and paralysis.
- The virus enters the body through the mouth, usually from hands contaminated with the stool of an infected person.
- It can be spread by contaminated food or water or direct contact with another infected person.
- People living in primitive areas with limited access to running water or flush toilets can get the virus from drinking water contaminated by human waste that contains the virus.
This can be a serious disease, please contact Kari J. Kindem, CFHom, a classical homeopath experienced in treating severe acutes.
Purchase all homeopathic remedies at
This remedy is for the paralysis, the pain at the back of the neck, the weakness, and fatigue. Gelsemium is one of the top remedies for exactly these symptoms and is often used in treating influenza – the flu.
- Lathyrus sativa
The Lathyrus remedy picture looks very similar to the disease picture of polio. Lathyrus is used by homeopaths using Homeoprophylaxis as a preventative for polio when parents are vaccine free and want an alternative. Lathyrus Sativus is used in homeopathic medicine as both an antidote to the polio virus in someone with the disease and a preventative with homeoprophylaxis.