Homeopathy For Measles
The historical use of homeopathy for measles spans 200 years. Homeopathy is the safe and effective method to increase natural immunity to this common childhood disease. Contact us to learn more.
Homeopathic remedies will also help a person with the measles relieve their symptoms effectively and naturally.
- Measles homeoprophlyaxis is used for a Homeoprophylaxis Program (HP) under supervision by certified Homeopathy in HP.
- Morbillinum is the homeopathic remedy that is used as a remedy to build the immune system before exposure to measles and during any epidemic.
- Pulsatilla – is a common remedy for measles homeoprophylaxis on first exposure.
- Euphrasia – is another common remedy for measles homeoprophylaxis on first exposure.
What Are The Measles?
The measles is a highly contagious airborne virus which spreads primarily through the respiratory system. The infection is passed by contact with droplets from the nose, mouth, or throat of an infected person. Coughing will place contaminated droplets into the air. Symptoms typically begin 8 – 12 days once you’re exposed to the virus.
A measles rash typically starts on the top and spreads to alternative areas, moving down the body. Humans are the only known natural hosts of measles, although the virus can infect some non-human primate species.
There are excellent homeopathic options for measles. Most patients with uncomplicated measles will recover with rest and supportive treatment.
Symptoms of Measles
- Droopy or unhealthy looking eyes
- Eye sensitive to light (photophobia)
- Muscle aches and pain
- Pharyngitis or sore throat
- Rash – typically seen 3 – 5 days after the primary signs of being sick and might last 4 – 7 days
- Rash might seem as flat, discolored areas and solid, red, raised areas that later be a part of along and itchy
- Redness and irritation of the eyes, conjunctivitis
- Runny nose
- Small white spots within the mouth
- Some patients will develop pneumonia as a sequela to the measles
Progression in Rash in Measles
- 2 – 3 days after symptoms begin, tiny white spots, called “Koplik’s spots” may appear inside the mouth.
- 3 – 5 days after symptoms begin, a rash breaks out.
- It usually begins as flat red spots that appear on the face at the hairline and spread downward to the neck, trunk, arms, legs, and feet.
- Small raised bumps may also appear on top of the flat red spots.
- The spots may become joined together as they spread from the head to the rest of the body.
- When the rash appears, a fever may spike high to more than 104°
- After a few days, the fever subsides and the rash fades.
Diagnoses and Lab Testing for Measles
- Clinical diagnosis of measles requires
- a history of fever of at least 3 days
- seeing the rash known as Koplik’s spots
- contact with others known to have measles
- Laboratory diagnosis of measles is by antibodies
- Can be done with confirmation of positive measles IgM antibodies or isolation of measles virus RNA from respiratory specimens.
- In cases of measles infection following secondary vaccine failure, IgM antibody may not be present.
- In these cases, blood serum confirmation can be made by showing IgG antibody rises.
- In children, saliva can be collected for salivary measles specific IgA.
- Clinical diagnosis of measles requires
Homeopathic Remedies For Measles
- Aconite Napellus
Useful at the beginning stages of measles. High fever. Dry barking cough. “Pink eye” or red conjuncitiva. Skin burns and itches. Restless, anxious, and frightened. Tossing and turning in sleep.
The rash begins but fails to develop fully then it soon disappears. Feeling unwell. Skin itching is worse by warmth. The face and eyelids are
Useful at the beginning stages of the measles when there is sudden onset of a high fever, reddened face and throbbing headache. Drowsy or delirious. Trouble falling or staying asleep. Not very thirsty even with fever.
The measles skin eruptions are delayed. Hard, dry cough and no expectoration. Any motion causes pain. They may experience some mild delirium the child “wants to go home” even though they are at home.
This is remedy for measles also used at the first exposure to measles. Fever and rash. Acrid tearing of the eyes and a bland nasal discharge. Sensitive to light. Cough but usually only during the day.
Onset of symptoms is slow. Fever with great weakness and a sense of heaviness, in the whole body and specifically the eyelids. Muscle aches and pains, like with the flu. Lack of thirst, lethargy, exhaustion.
- Kali Bich
Ropy, stringy discharges from the nose and burning and tearing of the eyes. Their salivary glands are noticeably swollen. They may have stitching pains from the ear into the head and neck.
This is remedy for measles also used at the first exposure to measles. Used for a mild case of the measles. Fever is not high and symptoms are not too painful. Profuse tearing from the eyes and a nasal discharge. Dry cough at night which becomes loose in the daytime. May also have ear inflammation. Dry mouth but without thirst.
Skin has a purplish appearance. Itching is aggravated by scratching. Reddened mucous membranes and are very thirst. Cough and diarrhea are worse in the morning.