Homeopathy For Treatment and Prevention of Tropical Diseases
Cholera – Short Term Prevention
- Cuprum Met 200C: one dose every 2 weeks while in Cholera prone areas.
- The Cholera nosode provides another option.
- Camphor 200C has been used in treating the early state of cholera and will also work as a prophylactic.
- Note: Camphor is a known antidote to many other homeopathic remedies. Do NOT use this remedy if is other other diseases besides cholera need to be covered, as it will antidote their action.
Dysentery – Short Term Prevention
- Arsenicum Album 30Cor 200C is used for amoebic dysentery.
Give one (1) dose per week weekly for short term (up to one month) protection.
- Mercurius corrosivus 30C or 200C is used for bacillary dysentery.
- Give one (1) dose per week weekly for short term (up to one month) protection.
- The nosode Dysentery (1M) and Giardia (1M) are also used as prophylactics
- Giardia 1M locally in preventing a range of gastro-intestinal infections and has a broad range of protective action.
Malaria – Short Term Prevention
- Nat Mur 200C or Cinchona officinalis 200C.
- Give one (1) dose every 2 weeks, beginning at least two (2) weeks before traveling in malaria areas.
- Give further doses on returning home for up to two (2) weeks.
- The Malaria Co. Nosode (1M) can also be useful, but may be too specific to cover some strains of malaria, while the two remedies listed, particularly Nat Mur 200C will cover all strains.
Rabies – Short Term Prevention
- The nosode is used for prevent and on exposure Hydrophobium also called Lyssin.
- Use the 1M potency for prevention and exposure for short term prevention.