Dengue Fever Prevention and Treatment
What Is Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. Symptoms typically begin three to fourteen days after infection. Dengue Fever is a painful, debilitating mosquito-borne disease caused by any one of four closely related dengue viruses. These viruses are related to the viruses that cause West Nile infection and yellow fever.
Dengue fever (including Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever) is a rapidly-spreading viral disease transmitted by mosquitoes. Unlike malaria, Dengue is comparatively recent with the first recorded outbreak of dengue-like symptoms in 1780, and the first proven epidemic in 1963-1964. More than 50 million dengue infections now occur annually. There are over 2.5 billion people are at risk. About 2.5% of those infected die.
Symptoms of Dengue Fever
Dengue fever is characterized by high fever, aches throughout the body, and a severe headache. The period from entry of the virus is 3-10 days, and the fever lasts for 5-7 days before recovery.
Geographic Areas Are Effected By Dengue Fever
An estimated 390 million dengue infections occur worldwide each year, with about 96 million resulting in illness. Most cases occur in tropical areas of the world, with the greatest risk occurring in:
- Caribbean (except Cuba and the Cayman Islands)
- Central and South America (except Chile, Paraguay, and Argentina)
- Indian subcontinent
- Pacific Islands
- Southeast Asia
- Southern China
Dengue Fever in the USA
Most cases in the United States occur in people who contracted the infection while traveling abroad. But the risk is increasing for people living along the Texas-Mexico border and in other parts of the southern United States. In 2009, an outbreak of dengue fever was identified in Key West, Fla
Prevention of Dengue Fever With Homeoprophylaxis
- Contact us for the effective homeopathic immunizations for Prevention of Dengue Fever given a minimum of one month prior to travel.
- Eupatorium Perfoliatum is also a known common homeopathic remedy used as as preventive homeopathic medicine for Dengue fever. It can be taken in a 30C potency twice daily during actual exposure or in an outbreak of Dengue fever.
Homeopathy Research On Dengue Fever
- The homeopathic research team at PRANA, India studied the data and found the picture of those with Dengue Fever symptoms showed common symptoms of: Nausea; Palpitation; Vertigo; Tachycardia; Coldness of the body; Sub-conjunctival hemorrhage.
- Other symptoms were: Vertigo when opening the eyes; incessant Nausea; Anxious conscience (as if guilty of a crime); desire for constant fanning.
- The homeopathic remedy Tabacum as the most prominent remedy that was the “genus epidemicus” for Dengue Fever in this study. Some people with complications were first treated with Bacillinum and then Tabacum.
- 30 patients were treated and 3 needed 30Cpotency and three others needed LM 4 potency. All fully recovered with this treatment, including a pregnant woman.
- The Tabacum remedy was also given to close family members of sufferers to prevent them from getting Dengue Fever.
Other Homeopathic Remedies For Dengue Fever Are:
- Arsenicum Album
Nausea gets worse by the smell or sight of food and vomiting gets worse from eating or drinking anything.
- Eupatorium Perfoliatum
Severe muscle and joint pains with high fever. General body aches as if the whole body is broken. Severe pain in the eyeballs. Headache with nausea and vomiting. Severe chill with shivering and severe body pains. Sweat brings relief in all the symptoms, with the exception of pain in head. Headache is present in top (vertex) of head. Vomiting along with vertex headache.
Weakness and prostration. Dullness, dizziness and drowsiness Person is lethargic and have a desire to lie down in perfect silence without any disturbance. Wants to be quiet and dislikes conversation. Chills including on the back that travels up and down the back. Headache with heaviness of eyes. Headache is mainly present in back portion that in most cases travels up to the forehead and eyes. Lack of thirst. Pain in back of the head (Occiput). The pain can also travel from back of the head to the forehead or eyes. Heaviness of eyes is also marked with pain in head.
Pain is marked in the sides of head (temples). Pain is very violent and throbbing in nature. Tight binding of head provides relief.
- Bryonia Alba
Joint pains or general body aches. Pain is worsening of pains by any movement even in the least degree. Rest relieves the pain. Extreme thirst with a dry mouth is common.
Persistent nausea and vomiting. Nausea is not relieved by vomiting.
- Rhus Toxicodendron
Joint pains or general body aches. Relief from pain by gentle movement, massage and applications of heat. Too much exertion or movement worsening of pain or sitting or lying too much.
Vertigo when opening the eyes; incessant Nausea; Anxious conscience (as if guilty of a crime); desire for constant fanning.